In this article, we compare how Los Buzos compares to its competition when you are looking the best fishing lodge in Panama.
Safety and Legal Requirements
Los Buzos provides the following serices:
- Boats are tracked daily from shore by satellite communications, so they are always in touch with the lodge no matter how remote.
- All safety gear required to pass inspection is on the boat every day, not just borrowing a set for inspections.
- Boats are brought ashore every day, washed and motors flushed with fresh water not left on mooring balls for weeks on end.
- Motors are routinely inspected by a certified mechanic to ensure the motors are up to speed and trustworthy on the water.
- All of our captains are licensed employees.
- Our trips are offered through our licensed company registered properly with the Tourism Ministry and we collect and pay the appropriate taxes so you can be confident you will have no issues arising from an unregistered operator not paying proper taxes.
Fishing Facilities at Los Buzos
There are more than thirty-five species to target in the waters surrounding Los Buzos any given day. These are the facilities that we offer:
- All fishing gear are top brands – Accurate, Shimano, Diawa and kept professionally maintained and in good working order.
- Our custom pangas are fitted with conventional rod holders, outrigger bases and outriggers, lithium battery charging stations for cell phones and go pros, gps/depth sounders and satellite communication devices.
- Your room is steps from our tackle center where your gear is available for those who are hands on and want to rig or watch the guides prepare for the day.
- We have our own Tackle Store on sight that supplies everything needed to be able to catch the big ones at competitive US prices.
- Our boats and gear are custom designed to be versatile and support a variety of techniques to suit your taste – trolling, live baiting, speed jigging, slow pitch jigging, casting poppers, deep dropping. We fish the way you prefer and have the gear and support for each option.
- Our catch record is unmatched in the region and includes 7 IGFA records and countless other trophy fish.
Comfort and Security
These are the facilities that we offer:
- Trips are organized and timely. Your day starts and ends in your air-conditioned room with primary and emergency backup power.
- Breakfast is served while the staff loads the boat and you grab your ready-made lunch, pick your snacks and walk to the boat to launch.
- Clients board the boat on dry land just meters behind the lodge and then the boat is launched without long wait times in hot sun on the beach. The launching and landing process is a fluid operation that we take pride in getting clients in and off the beach in a safe and quick manner.
- The average distance to most of our spots is 7 to 10 miles keeping runs to a minimum. Our longer runs, fishing down in the Cerro Hoya National Park, is about 20 miles. For these longer trips, the boats are equipped with marine bean bags for a smooth comfortable ride.
- Upon return you step from the boat and head to the lodge bar where snacks and ice-cold beer and beverages await or straight to your air-conditioned room for a quick shower
- Lodge common areas feature large, shaded spaces with fans and comfortable seating
Variety of non-fishing activities
The lodge offers many options for time off or lay days.
- Affordable massages available in our massage salon on site
- Trail rides in Parque Los Buzos from our equestrian center
- Hikes, Bird and Animal watching on our 40 kilometers of maintained trails with streams and waterfalls.
All Inclusive vacations.
Trips are fully choreographed from the moment the deposit is made until you are back home safely and receive your package of photos to preserve the memory.
- Each customer receives a link within a week or so with a variety of photos we took from their trip.
- Most weeks have a custom video done and aired on YouTube within a few weeks of their trip.
- Meals are enjoyed nightly with your guides and lodge owners family style. Videos from the day are often shown on our big screen projector while you eat.
- Food daily consists of appetizers on the table when you return from fishing, 7:00 sashimi or sush course fresh from the catch of the day, 7:15 Ceviche or soup course and 7:30 Fresh fish from the catch of your group supplemented by occasional chicken, pork or beef. Friday nights for the large groups are general a whole roasted pig preceded by sashimi and an array of sides.
All on-site purchases can be settled the last day by credit card. Beer, tea, Gatorade, and excellent water are free and sodas and mixed drinks are available at our cash bar.